Here is how to use the LNF capabilities!
There are two main options described below: 1) come and use the LNF yourself with the support of staff members or 2) have LNF staff members perform the process for you. If you are not certain of the best approach for you, just contact us to discuss your process needs and to learn more about the different options, at info@LNF.umich.edu
1) Onsite usage
This is the main mode of usage of the LNF. The procedures and forms are slightly different for different types of lab users, so please select below what best represents you:
- Internal lab user: from the University of Michigan. Please see the current internal user fee schedule.
- External academic lab user: from a U.S. academic institution. Please see the current external academic user fee schedule.
- Non-academic user: from a non-academic institution or foreign organization. Please see the current non-academic and foreign user fee schedule.
- Federal government users are typically charged the US external academic rates, but please contact us for more details.
2) Processing services, for situations where you cannot work in the lab yourself?
For these, please email us to discuss your process needs and to learn more at info@LNF.umich.edu.