- Contact LNF staff to discuss your research project and processing needs. Write a 1 page description of your research project and a 1 page description of your process steps.
- Complete LNF access form and new user training.
- Complete an interview with LNF staff once all steps above are complete and start processing
Fee structure for non-academic users.
- Contact LNF staff to discuss your research project and processing needs.
- Write a 1 page description of your research project and a 1 page description of your process steps. This information is needed to determine whether the LNF has the capabilities that you need and to ensure that materials that you will be using are compatible with other research being conducted in the LNF. Please send these two documents to LNFemail@example.com
- Attend info session on LNF access [click here to sign up] if you are available. This session provides information about LNF access, training policies, and the LNF Online Services system.
- Complete LNF access form. Page 1 and the top box of page 2 have to be completed. Your mentor should be a currently active, experienced LNF user who is familiar with your process. Please see here for an overview of the mentor’s responsibility. If you do not have a mentor available, a staff member will be assigned to your project. The form should be signed by your advisor or supervisor. See here for the fee structure. Please scan/email the completed form to LNFfirstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 734-647-1781 or drop off at 1239 EECS or 1246D EECS.
- Complete the following new user training modules:
- General Lab Safety Training: Read this information and take this open book quiz.
- LNF User Training Manual: Read Part I: General Information and Part II: Emergency Procedures, and take this open book quiz.
- HF Safety Training: Hydrofluoric acid is commonly used in the LNF, and poses particular hazards which everyone working in the LNF should know about. Read this information about HF safety and take this open book quiz.
- Read and sign the LNF User Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). Discuss with your manager as needed before signing the document.
- Please read the LNF rules of conduct.
- View “Experimenting with Danger” video.
- Schedule an interview with LNF staff [email@example.com] once all steps above are complete. If you have attended one of the LNF info sessions, this meeting will only last about 30 minutes. Otherwise, it will take about 1 hour. Your mentor should also attend this meeting. We will review your safety training records, process and training needs and you will be issued your LNF access card and username/password for the LNF Online Services.
Work at the lab!